Rule 210: Free and Reduced Fare Transportation for Tour Conductors
- Full Text
- Rule 1: Definitions
- Rule 2: Standard Format of Electronic Rules
- Rule 4: Restricted Items
- Rule 5: Application of Tariff
- Rule 6: Classes of Service
- Rule 10: Special Airport Lounge Facilities
- Rule 25: Refusal to Transport - Limitations of Carrier
- Rule 35: Passenger Expenses En Route
- Rule 40: Taxes
- Rule 45: Administrative Formalities - Passports, Visas, and Tourist Cards
- Rule 50: Oxygen
- Rule 55: Liability of Carriers
- Rule 56: Service Animals
- Rule 60: Reservations
- Rule 65: Tickets
- Rule 76: Returned Check Charge
- Rule 80: Revised Routings, Failure to Carry, and Missed Connections
- Rule 85: Schedules, Delays, and Cancellation of Flights
- Rule 87: Denied Boarding Compensation
- Rule 90: Refunds
- Rule 95: Amenities/Services for Delayed Passengers
- Rule 97: Acceptance of Baggage
- Rule 100: Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Special Items
- Rule 105: Acceptance of Pets and Animals
- Rule 110: Checked and Carry-On Baggage
- Rule 115: Baggage Allowance
- Rule 123: Excess Baggage Charges
- Rule 125: Excess Value Charges for Baggage
- Rule 130: Fares
- Rule 135: Stopovers
- Rule 140: Routings
- Rule 145: Currency Applications
- Rule 200: Acceptance of Children
- Rule 205: Free and Reduced Rate Transportation for Agents
- Rule 210: Free and Reduced Fare Transportation for Tour Conductors
- Rule 500: Passengers On Stretchers
- Rule 550: Passengers Occupying Two Seats
Subject to the provisions and conditions of this rule an individual tour conductor will be carried at the appropriate fare reduction shown in (C) below from the applicable adult fare between the points and via the routing to be used by the tour conductor.
For the purpose of this rule:
- Initial carrier means the carrier performing the initial transportation under the tour itinerary or the carrier selling and issuing the transportation on behalf of the carrier(s) participating in the tour itinerary. The initial carrier shall determine whether the group traveling hereunder qualifies in accordance with this rule and whether tour conductors' transportation at free or reduced fares may be issued in accordance herewith.
- Travel agent means an agent duly appointed by the carrier to sell air passenger transportation over its lines.
- Travel organizer means a person whom with the approval and consent of the carrier, organizes and arranges an advertised group tour for a group of passengers.
- Advertised group tour means a tour involving a round trip or circle trip in whole or in part on the lines of one or more carriers which is advertised and described, including descriptive copy covering hotel accommodations and other facilities and attractions available at stopover points included in the tour, in literature circulated for the purpose of promoting the sale of the tour.
- Tour conductor means an individual who is in charge of, guides the advertised group tour in person, and accompanies a group of passengers traveling together on an advertised group tour over all or a portion of their itinerary for the purpose of supervising the travel arrangements of and guiding the group.
- Passenger means a passenger paying the adult fare of the equivalent of one adult fare, such as two half fares.
- Free or reduced fare transportation means transportation issued to a tour conductor free or at the reduced fare according to this rule.
- Round trip and circle trip shall include transportation partly by air and partly by surface means.
Number of Booked Passengers Required for Tour
Where the group of passengers on the advertised group tour, whose passage has been booked and fully paid for, consist of:
- 15 or more passengers
One free passage for a tour conductor will be issued for each 15 passengers in the group.
- Not less than 10 nor more than 14 passengers
The fare for the tour conductor will be 50 percent
- 15 or more passengers
Application for and issuance of
- Written Application
Transportation will not be issued to tour conductors unless application is made in writing by the travel agent or the travel organizer to the initial carrier accompanied by a sample or facsimile of all matter advertising the tour. Such written application shall designate the name of the tour conductor. Written application must be directed to the office of the initial carrier that will arrange the transportation and must also include a description of the proposed itinerary of the group with all pertinent information describing the group if not fully set forth in the advertising matter submitted.
- Travel as a Group
The passengers included in the tour must travel as an organized touring group and for that purpose the initial carrier must approve the itinerary of the various passengers forming the group and coordinate their transportation under the advertised group tour. All members of the group will travel together over all or a substantial portion of the itinerary. All members of the group shall with respect to the air portion of the tour, commence transportation on the same airplane and shall, if round trip passengers, travel together to the point of turnaround, and if circle trip passengers, travel together to the first point of stopover, and if open jaw trip passengers, travel together over the outbound portion of the routing; provided that where lack of seating accommodation or where other operating conditions prevent passengers from commencing transportation on the flight scheduled, the carrier will transport some members of the group on its next preceding or succeeding flight on which space is available, or on such flight of another carrier.
EXCEPTION: Where passengers are transported over the lines of one or more carriers from more than one departure point within a country to an assembly point for the purpose of an advertised group tour, the passengers will be considered to be traveling together and the tour conductor will be accorded free or reduced fare transportation between his departure point and the assembly point, subject to the following conditions:
- The tour conductor and all passengers travel together from the assembly point to the point of turnaround, if a round trip, or to the first point of stopover if a circle trip; and
- All such passengers and the tour conductor travel between the departure points and the assembly point within a period of seven days prior to the scheduled departure of the entire group from the assembly point; and
- At least one passenger of the group travels from the same departure point as the tour conductor to the assembly point on the services of the carrier transporting the tour conductor; and
- Where the total number of passengers traveling
between one or more departure points and the assembly
point is 10 or more but less than 15 the tour conductor
will receive a reduction of 50 percent of the
applicable fare, and where the total number of
passengers traveling between one or more departure
points and the assembly point is 15 or more, one free
transportation passage for a tour conductor will be
issued for each 15 passengers, provided that:
- If the tour conductor travels from a departure point to the assembly point on the services of the carrier transporting the group from the assembly point onwards, the qualifying number of passengers referred to above my travel from the departure points to the assembly point on the services of any carrier, subject to the provision of (C) above.
- If the tour conductor travels from a departure point to the assembly point on the services of the carrier who does not transport the group from the assembly point onwards, the qualifying number of passengers referred to above shall travel from the departure points to the assembly point on the services of such carrier, subject to the provision of (C) above.
- Issuance of Ticket
Upon determination that the application meets the requirements of this rule, the initial carrier will advise the agent or organizer that the tour conductor's transportation, either free or at the reduced fare, as the case may be, will be issued. In cases where two or more carriers may have arrangements between them for the issuance of tour conductors' transportation, the initial carrier will issue such transportation on all such carriers.
In obtaining approval to accept free or reduced fare transportation of a tour conductor as provided herein, written approval must be given by an authorized official of the carrier(s) furnishing the transportation.
- Written Application
Baggage, Meals and Transfers
Free baggage allowance for a tour conductor will be the same as if he were traveling at the normal adult fare. The reduction for a tour conductor is applicable only to air transportation and will include meals, hotel accommodations, and ground transfers only where included in the normal airfare. In no case will the reduction apply to any other charges or services, such as charges for excess baggage.